The Wilcox BOSSTM Xe is the next generation in the BOSS line of products. As a class 3B high power laser aiming device, the BOSS Xe is designed specifically for the military and law enforcement markets. The BOSS Xe features a fully integrated, environmentally stable optical bench that houses a smart reflex sight, red or green visible laser, NIR laser, fixed NIR VCSEL illuminator, and iron sight all co-aligned to one another. The fixed NIR illuminator, combined with the newly added NIR room illuminator, features best in class overall effective tactical solution in any low light tactical situation
Decisively designed with the operator in mind, the BOSS Xe differentiates itself from any other reflex sight on the market. The user can fire either supersonic or subsonic ammunition from the same weapon by simply flipping a trajectory selection switch that changes the point of aim and point of impact of each round fired without having to re-zero the weapon.
When the BOSS Xe is securely mounted to any Picatinny style 1913 rail, it provides rock solid boresight retention.
The use of one windage and elevation adjustor combined with the trajectory switch delivers repeatable accuracy that can’t be found with any other fire control system on the market. Finite adjustments can be made to the trajectory switch to accommodate the drop differential between ammunition types. Wilcox has set the standards for optical performance in beam clarity and uniformity with extraordinary reduction in illuminator speckle, aiding in increasing the operator’s effectiveness and situational awareness.
The multi-function attributes are focused on maximizing engagement times during rapid target acquisition. An on-board maintenance counter monitors the total amounts of rounds fired from the weapon similar to an odometer in a vehicle. This real time-shared data with the depot’s armorer through the Armorer’s APP from BlueforceCOMMAND will enhance the maintenance of the weapon.
This smart reflex sight is one of a kind. Depending on weapon orientation, if off cant, the indicator will blink.
Features and Benefits
- One optical bench houses either red or green VIS laser, NIR laser, NIR room/fixed Illuminators, smart reflex sight, and iron sight
- NIR VCSEL illuminator and wide angle NIR Room illuminator project precise, speckle-free beams for extreme clarity and optimal combat identification
- Optical bench is aligned to weapon using one windage and one elevation adjustment.
- Powered by one (1) CR123 battery
- Mounts to any 1913 Picatinny rail secured by 2 shock nuts
- Multi-function buttons provide flexibility in programing custom options
- Selectable or auto adjustable laser/illuminator/reflex sight brightness settings
- Remote port accepts Wilcox line of pressure pads (optional)
- Bluetooth interface provides key information on mobile devices.
- Maintains supersonic and subsonic zero with trajectory switch
- Smart reflex sight features built-in back up iron sight
- Smart reflex sight features a cant indicator if the weapon is off angle from the horizon